Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Big Girl

A couple weeks ago I converted Ali's crib into a toddler bed. She's been doing pretty well with it so far.


When I first changed it, she wasn't able to open the door, so in the morning I would find her laying in front of the door waiting to be let out...but no toys were out of place!

She has since learned to open up her door.

Last Thursday I put her to bed for the night and came downstairs to check my email. Trevor was at worship practice (he runs the A/V equipment). All of a sudden I hear a thundering of footsteps and I turn around and see a beaming 2 year old running at me full blast. That meant that she was able to open the door, navigate through the darkness to the stairs, scoot down the stairs and then RUN to me here at the computer! Boy, was I surprised!!
It ALSO didn't take long for her to discover that she can get up and pull all the books and toys and...shoes. I went up to get her from her nap one day last week and found her like this:

Yup. Those are her black patent leather shoes. Nice outfit, huh? At least she matches!

3 comments:

  1. TOO funny! At least she didn't dive head first down the stairs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! And how fun to have a big girl bed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I love the excitement that comes with a big kid bed and freedom! I also love those cute chubby legs :)

    ReplyDelete