Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Blame it on the Rain

...or snow or sleet or whatever else kind of crummy weather you are having. And here is why. I've come to the conclusion that, after all the blogs I've read of all us SAHM's going a little bit nuts and needing breaks, that we can blame it on the weather.

You see...we had about a week of weather in the 60's a couple weeks ago....and everything was sunshine and roses around here. The kids loved being outside...I loved being outside. It was such a change from the everyday same ol' same ol'...there were places to explore, walks to be had, bikes to ride on....not the stuffy air of the house...where we have extinguished all of our indoor fun ideas.

I am so ready to throw up the windows and let the warm spring & summer air flow through the house. I'm ready to lay on the cool grass in the backyard. The kids got money toward a swing set for Christmas, so I just ordered one up and it should be here next week. I am ready to push them on the swing set and play with them in the sandbox. I'm ready to visit with my neighbors out in the alley. I'm just READY.

I wouldn't say I was complaining about the weather. If I didn't have 2 toddlers in the house, I'd be fine with whatever it was doing outside...but we're all getting a little stir crazy in here...and just need a change of scenery and air.

So. That's my opinion. and for all you still singing the title of my blog...here's a little Milli Vanilli flashback for you! ;)

2 comments:

  1. I was instantly humming after reading your title:) I hope that MT gets some nice weather. I totally agree with you. March and April are very hard months in MT for a stay at home mom. Wish I could send some sunshine your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya sister. I have been so depressed lately. My kids are sick all the time. We need those windows open and fun days in the sun again.

    ReplyDelete