Saturday, November 8, 2008

Irish Beef & Stout Stew

I desperately emailed all the cooks in my address book a few weeks ago for some new recipes. I was getting dreadfully tired of eating the same food over and over again. To the point I actually said to Trevor "I hate food. I hate eating it, I hate preparing it...I'd do just fine if I never had to deal with food ever again!" Well. This isn't practical...especially when I have 2 growing children that need food (although, I think Ali would be fine on the no-food plan...she doesn't eat much of it anyway...unless it's sweet...and dinner doesn't tend to be sweet a lot in our house. Noel on the other hand would not enjoy this plan-those of you who can hear him all the way to Michigan when he's hungry can attest to that!)

So...with all that being said. I tried this stew from an Everyday Food that my mother-in-law brought over last weekend. It was pretty tasty (Ali didn't think so; Noel did)! I thought it was pretty colorful after I had finished putting it all together that I wanted to show y'all! It didn't call for carrots...but I thought they'd add a little more to it....so there they are!

Thank you to everyone who contributed to my desperate recipe call...I can't wait to try them all! I just need to remember to write down the ingredients on my list before I head to the grocery store!!

Well...post #1 down...let's just see if I can keep it up! I wasn't real good at it last time...but I'm optimistic (for now)!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Lynsay, it looks delicious! Those red potatoes in particular have my mouth watering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do have to admit that it looks pretty good - and Duane would probably like it since it has both meat and potatos in it - his top 2 requirements!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yippee for a blog!! Your stew looks fantastic!! If you go to my blog and check out the links on the left (like Passionate Homemaking and so on), there are tons of great recipes!

    ReplyDelete